Chicken, fennel and lemon fettuccine
Simple pasta is made special with this rich chicken and zucchini sauce that’s bursting with fresh, zesty flavours.
Ingredients (serves 4)
• 375g dried fettuccine pasta
• 2 tbs olive oil
• 500g chicken mince
• 1 x 400g fennel bulb, trimmed, quartered, finely chopped
• 1 zucchini, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 1 x 300ml ctn thickened cream
• 2 tbs chopped fresh continental parsley
• 60g (3/4 cup) finely grated parmesan
• 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the mince. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 4 minutes or until light golden. Add the fennel, zucchini and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften.
3. Add the cream, parsley and 40g (1/2 cup) of the parmesan. Cook for 2 minutes or until mixture comes to the boil. Add the pasta and lemon juice. Toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls. Top with remaining parmesan to serve.
• Remove and discard any tough outer